Custom Leagues are leagues in which an NFL.com user called the League Manager creates, populates, and manages a fantasy league. The League Manager is responsible for making decisions regarding divisions, schedule, draft, roster, scoring, transaction, playoff-seeding, and fair-play settings for the entirety of the season. The League Manager creates content in the form of League Stories and Polls, and determines who else in the league has permission to do the same. League Managers must also be the owner of a team.
League Creation and Initial Customization
To create a new Custom League on the desktop site:
- Visit Fantasy.NFL.com and select the "Create a League" option
- Enter the league name and password team owners will use to join
- Select an appropriate, custom URL for your fantasy team of 20 characters or less (optional)
- Select a Standard or Auction Draft format
- Select Draft Type
- Select the number of teams, number of divisions, and playoff start date
- Select "Customize League Settings" for transaction and roster size customization (optional)
- Select "Customize Scoring Settings" to customize scoring (optional)
- Create your team name, and select your time zone and email preferences
- Click "Create My League"
To create a new Custom League in the mobile app:
- Access the "My Account" section, located in the upper right-hand corner of the app
- Scroll down and select "Create a League"
- Enter the league name, password, number of players, your team name, and draft format
- Click "Create League"
To change any settings after league creation, navigate to the desktop site's MANAGE tab. Note that some league settings are only customizable during specific parts of the season.
(A limited number of league settings can be managed in the mobile app by selecting the league, selecting "More" at the bottom right, then selecting "League Settings.")
Create a winner's league by choosing "Restricted" when publishing the league to the League Directory. Note that co-owners must be winners as well.
Select "Activate" in the NFL.com Fantasy game landing page to bring it back for the new season. All previous team owners will be sent a notification email.
Custom Leagues may begin a fantasy season up to Week 5 of the regular season and choose to have the season "count" retroactively or not. By default, a league would start the first regular season week after it drafts. Weeks prior to the draft, should the league decide that they count, are scored with the team that was drafted, in the order that it was drafted. Post-Draft acquisitions would not count retroactively.